Monday, August 5, 2013

What a week...


As you know I went to Jamaica and got home 2 Sundays ago. Life has been crazy ever since... I got up Monday morning determined not to fall off of my workout schedule. Delaney was signed up for Apple camp at the town center so we had that from 9-1030. That meant no sleeping in for me! The camp was fun and the girls enjoyed it. Next up, GYM... I got to the gym and did my regular chest day routine which consists of:


  • Chest press with 25 lb dumbbells/ 4 sets of 8
  • Incline Chest press with 25 lb dumbbells/4 sets of 8
  • Chest Press machine 30 lbs/ 4 sets of 12
  • Incline Chest Press Machine 30 lbs/ 4 sets of 10
  • Chest Flys-Top/Middle/Bottom
  • Stairmaster on level 10 fat burner for 15 minutes
I felt like I had ran a marathon.... Flying is so taxing on the body. I mean this is a regular gym day for me, NO BIGGIE!

I went home after and was exhausted. I still at this point hadn't even unpacked my suitcase because I just didn't want to. So after a day of lounging and trying to relax I get the phone call... My friends husband died that morning. WHAT? My hands are shaking, my heart is pounding out of my chest, I can barely breathe. I call her over and over trying to see if she is okay. She doesn't answer. And then she finally calls back, yes its true... I cant believe this is happening. You never think that this kind of tragedy will hit so close to home. I spent the whole next day with her. We talked and cried and Skyped with her sister for hours.  I had no idea what to say to her and I am still having a hard time. I prayed for her for strength and faith, a lot. She has a million questions and thoughts that make so much sense to her. All I can do I guess is be there for her, listen to her, cry with her, lay with her, and let her know I am here. I am typically a very emotional person so this is especially hard... His memorial service was Friday and it was difficult. It seemed to make it all real that day. He was gone and her life was gonna be different forever... How do I help her?? This is a strong, extremely active person that always says the right thing. How can I help?

We worked out together yesterday. She needed it. She needed to get out of her house and get some endorphins pumping. Our workout was:
  • 15 lb dumbbell curls while holding a 10 lb dumbbell in the other hand at a 90 degree angle. Ouch! 
  • One leg dead lifts with a slider and 15 lb dumbbell. Hard!
  • One leg lunges on a slider pressing a 15 lb dumbbell from the floor to shoulders. Harder!
  • 100 burpees.UGH!
  • Squats with a 15 lb dumbbell toss. Squat, toss dumbbell up, catch in other hand, repeat ten times. Fun!
  • 15 lb dumbbell curls in squat position. EEK! 
  • Step ups on a wall that was hip height... You know I'm not even 5'2 right?!! 10 steps each leg
Repeat this circuit 3 times. Except for the burpees. Ya right!! I really dislike burpees...

Do you have any advice for me? What others way can I help her deal with her grief? 

Thanks for reading,
Lundi

2 comments:

  1. Lundi, you are being a good friend. Just keep being there for her,thats the best you can do right now. Even if you are there with nothing to say,sometimes just being there is enough!! I am keeping her in my prayers as well <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adair! You just never know what to do in tough situations...

      Delete